Hello everyone. Welcome to my blog. This is another lifestyle blog where I will write different themes. Why then the title of the season? The answer is very simple. I love the seasons and their beauty. I hope you'll enjoy it and enjoy reading my blog. xx Laura

Blogmas day 12; Kiss me under the mistletoe

Hello everyone and welcome to my blog.   I believe we all know for a kiss under the mistletoe. And do you know how this habit was born? If you do not know, you can read this post today.
Baldur's mother was the Norse goddess, Frigga. When Baldur was born, Frigga made each and every plant, animal, and inanimate object promise not to harm Baldur. But Frigga overlooked the mistletoe plant, and the mischievous god of the Norse myths, Loki, took advantage of this oversight. Loki tricked one of the other gods into killing Baldur with a spear made from mistletoe. Hermódr the Bold was appointed to ride to Hel in an attempt to bring Baldur back. Hel's condition for returning Baldur was that absolutely every last thing in the world, living and dead, had to weep for Baldur. Failing that, he would remain with Hel. When this condition was put to the test, all wept except for a certain giantess, believed to be Loki in disguise. Baldur's resurrection was thus thwarted.




Share:

1 komentar: